Michael Grace (Manager), Eamonn Gleeson, Shane McGrath, Dylan Fitzgerald, Norman O'Brien, Eamonn Wootton, Sean Kiernan, Darren McGrath, Aaron Wall, John O'Connor, Brian Ward (Asst Manager), James McGrath

 Stephen Duggan, Paddy O'Donnell, Pa Fitzgerald, James Darcy, David Finnane, Ian Flannery, Paul Conway, Dennis Peters

Junior Training at 7-30pm Tuesday and Thursday nights


FIXTURES 2013/14


TSDL Premier League 

 Cahir Park fixtures tba


Division 1 Results 2012/13




















Ballingarry Alb










Cahir Park




















Galbally Utd










Glengoole Utd










Killenaule Rvs










Moyglass Utd










St. Nicholas










Two Mile Borris









 Christy Griffin (first aider), James McGrath, Norman O'Brien, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters, Darren McGrath, Shane McGrath, Michael Grace (manager), Colm Lonergan (coach)

 Paddy O'Donnell,  James Darcy, Jason Hahessy,  Aaron Wall, Seanie Kiernan (captain), Pa Fitzgerald,  Niall Murphy, Paul Conway (assistant manager)




Pld W D L Pts
1 Cahir Park AFC (C) 16 13 1 2 40
2 Glengoole United (P) 16 9 3 4 30
3 Galbally United 168 3 5 27
4 St Nicholas FC 16 6 4 6 22
5 Killenaule Rovers 16 6 3 7 21
6 Two Mile Borris FC 16 6 3 7 21
7 Cullen-Lattin FC 16 6 3 7 21
8 Moyglass United (R) 16 5 3 8 18
9 Ballingarry Albion (R) 16 1 1 14   4   


Billy Purtill, Committee (son of Paddy), Michael Grace (manager), Darren McGrath, Dylan Fitzgerald, Dennis Peters, John O'Connor, Pa Fitzgerald, Norman O'Brien, Christy Griffin (first aider), Niall Murphy

James Darcy, James McGrath, Eoin Farrell. Aaron Wall, Seanie Kiernan (captain), Paddy O'Donnell, Jason Hahessey, Dylan Peters, Shane McGrath, Paul Conway (assistant manager)



(87 goals, 31 games)

26 Paddy O'Donnell

22 Eamonn Wootton

6 Daryl Peters, Norman O'Brien

5 James Darcy, Jason Hahessey 

4 Dennis Peters
3 Pa Fitzgerald, Darren McGrath
2 John O'Connor, James McGrath

1 Dylan Fitzgerald, Eamonn Gleeson, Seanie Kiernan, Eoin Farrell, Shane McGrath


 Paul Conway (assistant manager), Shane McGrath, Norman O'BrienPaddy O'Donnell), Eamonn Gleeson, Dennis Peters, Niall Murphy, John O'Connor, Dylan Peters, James McGrath, Eoin Farrell, Michael Grace (manager)

Dean Lonergan, James Darcy, Dylan Fitzgerald, Seanie Kiernan (captain), Aaron Wall, Pa Fitzgerald, Jason Hahessey, Christy Griffin (first aider) 


RESULTS 2012/13

Sunday 28 April 2013

TSDL League Division One

Glengoole United 4 Cahir Park 0

Sunday 21 April 2013

TSDL League Division One

Moyglass United 1 Cahir Park 2

Scorers: Eamonn Wootton, Jason Hahessey

Wednesday 17 April  2013  

TSDL League Division One

 Cahir Park 3  Galbally United 0

Scorers: Darren McGrath, Dennis Peters, Jason Hahessey

Early goals in either half - from Darren McGrath and a volley from Dennis Peters saw the Park on their way in a clash which brought the top two in the league for most of the season, up against one another. Ironically, the Park can now force a play-off to the First Division runner-up spot if they beat Glengoole away in their next league game. man of the match Jason Hahessey added a third to seal the points for the home side who have only dropped four points all season, winning seven and drawing one of their eight home games.

Darren McGrath's early first half goal was a great start to the game. The youth player took his chance to attack down the left-hand side before beating a couple of players in the box to slide home to the right-hand corner corner of the net.

In a game spoiled by atrocious wind, both sides were left to resort to speculative shots in order to deceive the opposing keeper. Aaron Wall, after a great season, was not in the humour to be beaten though and made easy work of a succession of United efforts.

The Park, playing in away yellow and blue because of a colours clash, had good performances on the night from a tireless James McGrath and the impressive midfield fulcrum of Shane McGrath and Norman O'Brien. At the back, all four were at their dependable selves, Peters even chipping in with his fourth of the season when latching on to Shane McGrath's 52nd min cross.

A tired Paddy O'Donnell put through a perfect ball on the hour with no-one available to carry on the good work while Hahessey was unlucky not to connect at the far post minutes later.

Three-quarters way through and a tempting five-man passing move with flicks from both McGraths deserved a better end-product, James also having a 70th min opportunity but the shot was dragged wide.

The impressive Quin Perry, always a thorn in the hosts defence, was through one-on-one with Wall just after, the canny keeper pushing the ball against the Galbally man, the attempt going harmlessly wide.

A fine right-flank performance by sub Pa Fitzgerald was the starting point of a promising Cahir move in the last 10, Shane McGrath's pinpoint cross marginally too far ahead of O'Brien. Hahessey was however live to the ball into the box with 7 mins left to leave the home side very comfortable at game's end. The action drew to a close with another Perry effort at one end balanced by a mazy run by O'Donnell firing wide at the other.

Cahir Park AFC:

Aaron Wall
James Darcy, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
James  McGrath,  Shane McGrath, Norman O'Brien,  Jason Hahessey

 Darren McGrath, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs:  Pa Fitzgerald for Darren McGrath,  Niall Murphy for Aaron Wall


Thursday 11 April 2013  

Paddy Purtill Cup Final 

Cahir Park 4 Rosegreen Rangers 0

Scorers: James Darcy (pen), Paddy O'Donnell, James McGrath, Eoin Farrell

With two of three opportunities for silverware now in the bag, The Park can look forward with optimism with a chance to claim their third - the League Division One title - by securing one point from the remaining four league games.

In truth, Thursday night's final in honour of one of the great Cahir Park stalwarts, never reached a point where the result was in doubt with the Park side, playing at home in the agreed fixture, in full control for 90% of the game against an understrength Rosegreen side more intent on claiming the Second Division title in their play-off with Tipperary Town.

From the off, the shots rained in on the Rosegreen goal with Dylan Fitzgerald just off target and man of the match Paddy O'Donnell in fine form providing a cross for the impressive Norman O'Brien whose header just went over.

Further shots from Fitzgerald and O'Donnell preceded the first goal, the latter taken down in the box by a busy Trevor Downey. With aplomb, James Darcy finished to the keeper's right to claim his third of the season.

In a game played in torrential rain at times on a pitch that cut up early after a bad day almost jeopardised the fixture, further goals from James McGrath - a shot across the keeper to the far post after 33 mins - and on 36 from Paddy O'Donnell, another wonder goal in his catalogue for the season - saw the home side comfortably ahead by three by half-time. O'Donnell picked the ball up on the arc on the left edge of the box before weaving through defenders along the 18-yard line, to release a fiercesome shot that flew into the Rosegreen net passing veteran 48-year old David Brabston at centre of defence on the way, to end up in to the top corner.

Now dominant, O'Brien found himself on the left flank. With some deft footwork, he glided past two defenders to put a shot in that deserved better than to end up on the keeper's crossbar. His partner in crime in midfield, Shane McGrath the fed James McGrath on the right wing to cross for Jason Hahessey, his final effort coming back off the crossbar.

With the lively Darren McGrath and Daryl Peters added to attack by Michael Grace and Paul Conway, there was to be no let up for the visiting defenders. The home defence, on the other hand, did have an easier evening than expected, Conor Lowney and the Rosegreen attack, though trying hard, no match for the fluid captain Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor  and Dennis Peters. 

Peters himself had one of the best attempts as the game petered out with his 75th min lob marginally too long to drop over Rosegreen's netminder.

Buoyed by his 26th goal of the season, O'Donnell also tried some long-range efforts in the second 45 but was easily outshone by the free-kick taken by Eoin Farrell after 87 mins. The wonderstrike from all of 35 yards nestled in the top-corner with three mins left, to the enjoyment of the majority of the large attendance present.

Cahir Park AFC:

Aaron Wall

James Darcy, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters

Dylan Fitzgerald, Norman O'Brien, Shane McGrath, James McGrath

Jason Hahessey, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Eoin Farrell for Dylan Fitzgerald,  Daryl Peters for Hahessey, Eoin Farrell for Darcy

Sunday 7 April 2013 

TSDL Division One Shield Final

Cahir Park 2 Two Mile Borris  0

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell (2)

The Park claim their first silverware of the season with capture of the First Division Shield with 2-0 win over Two Mile Borris. Both goals from Paddy O'Donnell. 

In a game played in arctic conditions that rarely sparked to life, the goals after 43 and 63 mins saw O'Donnell's first scramble over the line and just inside the far post whilst the second came about with O'Donnell chasing down a defensive clearance to finish with a header from close range. There were early chances for O'Donnell, the man of the match, and for Seanie Kiernan from a header after a well-placed O'Donnell corner.

On 16  mins an excellent crossfield ball from O'Donnell saw a busy James McGrath almost connect to create a chance to break the deadlock. The visitors, not around merely to make up the numbers, almost caught out a sharp Aaron Wall with a quickly taken free-kick but Wall, who has conceded low single figures in an excellent season, was not to be beaten.

A volleyed shot from O'Donnell, when set up by former Clomel Celtic team-mate Jason Hahessey, had the home support gasping with nine mins left to the break, the marauding Dylan Fitzgerald and Eamonn Gleeson involved in providing the opening.

The promotion - elect Park were ahead on 43 with Shane McGrath's deft touches allowing James Darcy - having his best season in many years service to the Club - make space on the right and set up Fitzgerald to play in the centre for Shane McGrath again. He put in a through pass for O'Donnell. With calmness personified, O'Donnell glided past two defenders and struck a well-placed shot to the keeper's right. Possibly easier to save, the unfortunate number one allowed the ball somehow to wobble past him into the bottom corner.

Borris came out for the second half in better shape and probably had the best of the early exchanges of a drab first quarter-hour.

To liven things up, Michael Grace and Paul Conway re-introduced Eoin Farrell to the Park shirt, he slotting seamlessly into Gleeson's midfield berth. A chipped effort from James McGrath from a Dennis Peters pass almost caught the St Kevins netminder off his line but ended up going harmlessly wide.

Making the best of the next ten, the men from Newhill Park were causing more trouble to an increasingly fragile Park rearguard but true to his spectacular form all season, ex-Borris youth player John O'Connor was first in to clear most of the danger.

With 21-goal Eamonn Wootton introduced, a Park attck force was given a new dimension and indeed it was not long until he was in two-on-one with the keeper, the Borris man winning out.

Shortly after a foiled defensive clearance was latched on to by O'Donnell who chased the ball in some distance to finish with his head and put the home side two clear. Immediately after a bobble on the lush Cahir pitch, which has weathered well over the harsh Winter, denied O'Donnell a deserved hat-trick.

With ten left Borris had what was to be their final chance. In truth their chance, smothered by the in-form Wall, deserved better and would be ample recognition of their efforts on the day.

With Pa Fitzgerald introduced to the back-four in the closing stages, the home side battened down the hatches to play out the game comfortably in control. O'Donnell had the final say when rushing from a midfield position to latch on to a through ball. Paddy Keane had no option but to admonish the scything defensive tackle on the last man with nothing other than a straight red and with that, evaporated any attempt of a late comeback to deny Cahir Park their first silverware of three possible in a fine season thus far.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
James Darcy, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
Dylan Fitzgerald, Eamonn Gleeson, Shane McGrath, James McGrath

Jason Hahessey, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Eoin Farrell for Eamonn Gleeson, Eamonn Wootton for James McGrath, Pa Fitzgerald for Dylan Fitzgerald, 
Dean Lonergan, Daryl Peters, Norman O'Brien 

Sunday 31 March 2013  

TSDL League Division One

Killenaule Rovers 0 Cahir Park 4

Scorers: Dennis Peters, Paddy O'Donnell, Eamonn Wootton, James McGrath

 Sunday 24 March 2013

TSDL League Division One

 Cullen-Lattin  0  Cahir Park 4 

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell (3), Shane McGrath

Sunday 17 March 2013

TSDL League Division One

 Cahir Park 4 St Nicholas 0

Scorers: James Darcy (2 pens), Eamonn Wootton (2)

With his twentieth goal of the season, Eamonn Wootton put a fine finish to a St Patrick's Day outing at Ardfinnan Road on Sunday last. Earlier man of the match James Darcy, before a landmark birthday, had put the Park on their way to a comprehensive victory with two well converted penalties, one to the left and one to the right of the Solohead keeper.

Three points ahead of the nearest challengers with two games in hand, Cahir look favourites for a quick return to Premier League soccer at the first time of asking.

It did however take a considerable time for the home side to score the first goal. After a goalless first 45 against an understrength St Nicholas side, some half-time encouragement from the management team of Michael Grace and Paul Conway saw the hosts return a more determined outfit.

In a very open First Division race, where eight of the nine teams can still be promoted, Cahir, after this win, are sitting most comfortably.

A strong St Nicholas defence were under pressure from the off with early chances for Paddy O'Donnell and Washington returnees Jason Hahessey and Seanie Kiernan.

In a half when Aaron Wall in the home goal was seldom troubled, the marauding Dean Lonergan earned a corner on the left with 20mins gone, the hard-working Denis Peters first to react to shoot just wide.

31 mins in and Hahessey was again involved in an attempt that deserved better - taking the ball on his chest to lay off for O'Donnell down the right, Shane McGrath failing to connect.

On a chilly day at Ardfinnan Road, the sound of the town parade marching bands filtered through to greet the teams for the second half with the home side attempting to secure three more league points.

A busy opposing penalty area saw a foul committed and Darcy had the first of his brace for the day on 52 mins. The second followed four mins later with O'Donnell bursting through and bring stopped in his tracks to allow a second successful spot-kick attempt.

Wall was troubled by a fine header on 63 with the visitors trying to reduce the arrears but the number one was well positioned to smother the effort.

At the opposing end, Peters was involved again with another shot on goal going wayward as did chances for Hahessey and Lonergan.

The midfield, excellently marshalled by McGrath and Eamonn Gleeson, spurned any chance of a Nicholas attack with pinpoint crosses sprayed from both flanks by both Dylan Fitzgerald and Lonergan, the recipients shooting boots missing however.

With high-scoring Eamonn Wootton and Daryl Peters introduced, it was soon 3-0 with John O'Connor starting a move from defence, McGrath adding a great pass for Wootton to run onto and finish confidently after 75 mins.

With seven mins to go, the tie died as a contest - Wootton finishing a McGrath quality pass with a great header.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
James Darcy, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
Dylan Fitzgerald, Eamonn Gleeson, Shane McGrath, Dean Lonergan

Jason Hahessey, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Daryl Peters for Dean Lonergan, Eamonn Wootton for Dylan Fitzgerald, Niall Murphy for Aaron Wall, Paddy Kenneally


Sunday 10 March 2013 

TSDL League Division One

 Two Mile Borris 1 Cahir Park 0

Sunday 24 February 2013 

Clonmel Credit Union Tipperary Cup 3rd Round 

Cahir Park 0 Clonmel Town 3

With a great youths victory in the bag, the juniors started Sunday intending to emulate the younger team and with Premier League pacesetters Clonmel Town as visitors, this Tipperary Cup challenge was going to be a mountain to climb.

Both sides started well, Clonmel eventually getting the best of the earlier tussles. With John Shanahan pulling the strings, eventually Levi Whelan, David McGrath and co did get on top, this in spite of spirited performances from a Park midfield of Shane McGrath, Norman O'Brien and James Darcy with Dean Lonergan pushing a little more forward.

After a succession of shots on Aaron Wall's goal and two quick corners in a row, one of the best efforts to break the deadlock came from a rasping free kick from Whelan on the half-hour. James Darcy replied with a particularly good attempt from the edge of the area which had Evan Comerford back-pedalling and colliding with his post, the resulting injury holding up play for a considerable time.

A David McGrath-won free-kick added further pressure to the hosts rearguard and it wasn't long until Town took a deserved lead - Shane Flynn collecting the ball in a crowded goalmouth and shooting speculatively. The ball, heading wide, was deflected to the net by an inrushing Park player to put one between the sides. True to form, the home side were back to try to reduce the arrears - Eamonn Wootton heading over a well-placed Darcy cross.

With a couple of early second-half changes, Cahir has the best of the first few minutes with a four-man move from defence started by James McGrath carving open the Town challenge for Dean Lonergan to shoot over after great work by Norman O'Brien and Paddy O'Donnell.

Before the visitors added to the goals tally, Ray Condon had a great opportunity, unlucky from a corner. From the clearance, Town regained possession and a flying Shane Flynn tried a long-range chance which flew past Wall to put the Complex side two-up and heading for the fourth round of the Tipperary Cup.

At this stage, the Park were unlucky to lose Dennis Peters to an injury which had needed first-half attention. The ready-made replacement Pa Fitzgerald, slotted in immediately in defence with the hardworking Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor and particularly busy James McGrath, now pushing forward on the right flank at every available opportunity.

Any chance of pairing back the deficit was however, blown after 66 mins with David McGrath finding the net from an accurate Whelan free-kick.

The final twenty were all Cahir as they pinned back the black and golden-clad neighbours to the final third of the pitch, sub Dylan Fitzgerald and O'Brien particularly impressive in this spell. Despite good shots from Lonergan and O'Donnell, there was however to be no getting past the agile Comerford. Eamonn Gleeson and James McGrath were part of a great move on 80mins which was perhaps the best chance to reduce the difference but the final shot from O'Donnell came to nothing, smothered by the Town number one.

The last action would see Norman O'Brien again heavily involved, now playing in a free role to set up Lonergan to shoot wide. So, Cahir's Tipp Cup involvement comes to an end for another year, next Sunday it's the first of three chances for silverware for the season with Two-Mile-Borris providing the opposition in the Shield Division One final.

Aaron Wall

James McGrath,  Seanie

 Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters

James Darcy,  Shane McGrath, Norman O'Brien, Dean Lonergan

 Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell

Dylan Fitzgerald for James Darcy, Eamonn Gleeson for Eamonnn Wootton, 

Pa Fitzgerald  for  Dennis Peters



Sunday February 17, 2013

TSDL Shield Division 1 Semi-Final

St. Nicholas 1 Cahir Park  2

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell, Norman O'Brien

(The Park meet Two Mile Borris in the final)

Sunday February 10, 2013 

TSDL League Division One

 Cahir Park 4 Moyglass United 1

Scorers: Denis Peters, Jason Hahessy (2), Eamonn Wootton

 Sunday February 3, 2013 

Paddy Purtill Cup, semi-final

 Cahir Park 5 Galbally United 1

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell (2), Eamonn Wootton (2), Seanie Kiernan

With the winners to plav Ballingarry Albion or Rosegreen Rangers, Cahir Park took to the field on Sunday in the Shamrock Lounge-sponsored Paddy Purtill Cup semi-final full of hope in their quest for silverware in 2013.

An early error by Galbally's keeper almost had Norman O'Brien break the deadlock on 3 mins. With a open goal at his mercy, O'Brien's effort was unfortunate enough to come back off the left-hand post.

This set the scene for an early onslaught on the visitor's goal, Paddy O'Donnell, Jason Hahessaey and man of the match James Darcy particularly to the  fore.

It was indeed O'Donnell who was to break the deadlock - on 12 mins - leaving the keeper stranded as he weaved through the box after an assist from Eamonn Wootton.

Cahir have yet to have a goal scored against them at home this year. One of the main reasons for this - the outstanding performances of Aaron Wall in goal - was responsible for keeping that clean sheet for just a bit longer. Wall saved a 14th min penalty awarded after John O'Connor upended Quin Perry in the 18-yard box. Not alone that but Wall was also first to the rebound to maintain an impressive record.

For the next ten mins Cahir were guilty of not taking the game to a team second in the First Division, allowing United at times to put some nice passing moves together which did at times trouble a Park defence playing very deeply.

However, with Michael Grace and Paul Conway very much in control on the sidelines, this situation was not allowed continue for much longer and in one of the Park's best moves of the match, a second goal as conjured up from the wizardry of Norman O'Brien to set Wootton free in the box to glance the ball home for his sixteenth of the season. 

Five mins later it was 3-0 and effectively over as a contest with Darcy providing the cross for Wooton's second of the game. Indeed it could have been more with an impressive Dean Lonergan, coming forward from his midfield berth, to fire home a goalbound attempt which ended up just wide.

With two mins to Paddy Keane's half-time whistle, a defensive error in the Limerickmen's defence allowed the always-ready O'Donnell in to complete his brace of the day.

Dennis Paters had to be strong as Perry made further inroads on the home defence in a purple patch for United early in the second 45. On the other side of defence, a solid performance from James McGrath saw him involved to feed the ball through to sub Eamonn Gleeson who put through O'Donnell again to trouble the Galbally backs.

With  73 mins gone the hosts were five clear, Seanie Kiernan applying a deft header at the front post to the pinpoint Lonergan corner.

With further changes allowed debuts for Barry Cooney on the wing and Niall Murphy between the sticks, the game developed into a scrappy affair with a series of injuries on both sides.

The game well and truly over as a contest, Galbally did have the last boast with Perry's quick free deceiving all and, in the process, the season's home clean sheet record, as it  meandered past defence and goalie.

The last shot of note on goal was reserved for O'Donnell, his hope of a hat-trick on the day spoiled as the keeper pulling off a fine save to turn it away for  a corner.

Aaron Wall
James McGrath, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
Jason Hahessy,  Dean Lonergan, Norman O'Brien,  James Darcy

 Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Eamonn Gleeson for John O'Connor, Barry Cooney for Dean Lonergan, Niall Murphy for Aaron Wall, Daryl Peters

Sunday 20/01/2013

Munster Junior Cup 4th Round

Hibernians (Waterford) 1 Cahir Park 0 (aet)

A goal in the 119th minute see the Park bow out after a performance full of character.




Sunday 13/1/2013

Paddy Purtill Cup, quarter final

Cahir Park 4 Killenaule Rovers 0

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell (3), Denis Peters

It is now eight games since a mean Park defence had a goal scored against them at home and in truth after a big win against the same opposition just two months, Sunday's game was unlikely to change that statistic. However an extremely hardworking Killenaule did make attempts on Aaron Wall's goal at various points in the proceedings and it took some time for the home team to find their rhythm.

A freezing day at Ardfinnan Road greeted the teams with the home side attempting to secure a semi-final place in the Paddy Purtill Cup. There they join Ballingarry, Galbally and Rosegreen.

Early chances for the hosts saw man of the match, Denis Peters come close with a well-controlled header just failing to go inside the far post. A resolute visiting defence kept any real chance for the home side to take the lead to a minimum with Rovers themselves unlucky when breaking through the Park's centre backs only for the final shot to be scuffed and run harmlessly wide.

Peters was involved again on the half-hour when combining well with James Darcy, a man having a wonderful season and Eamonn Wootton, this year's top scorer, the final effort going just over.

The midfield, excellently marshalled by James McGrath and Norman O'Brien, came more into the game at this point and began to force ever more errors from the Killenaule rearguard with pinpoint crosses sprayed to both flanks for Darcy and Dylan Fitzgerald to carry forward to feed Wootton and Paddy O'Donnell up front. Indeed one of these was the source of the first of O'Donnell's three for the afternoon, all carbon copies of the other with him rounding the keeper to finish coolly, the first on 38 mins.

Buoyed by this, O'Donnell tried a long-range free-kick but was unlucky to see this fly over.

Killenaule's next effort saw Wall tested but he was strong enough and well-positioned enough to push it wide for a corner kick.

The last couple of attempts of the first half would see the Park try valiantly to extend their lead, first from Dylan Fitzgerald's shot smothered by the keeper and just on the whistle, O'Donnell with a clever volley, deflected over.

The second half would be the home side's purple patch with three goals added in a bright, blistering five-minute spell. First up, Denis Peters - fed the ball out on the left decided to try his luck from outside the edge of the area. The piledriver smashed into the opposite corner of the opposing net, the keeper clutching at air.

O'Donnell's second of the afternoon, on 54 mins, saw him round the keeper once again when put through by partner-in-crime Wootton who had in turn been put through by the very effective substitute, former Clonmel Celtic man Jason Hahessy.

The other half time substitution, Eamonn Gleeson worked well also in the centre of the field, putting through the pass for Hahessy to feed O'Donnell to complete his hat-trick on 54 mins.

Demoralised, one would expect the Rovers players to totally capitulate. However, to their credit, they kept up their largely defensive game and by pure effort, kept the home side at bay to keep the score at four for the day.

After 70 mins the Killenaule did have another foray into enemy territory but saw a John O'Connor-inspired defence hold their nerve, despite conceding a corner which came to little with Wall at the top of his game.

With Daryl Peters on in midfield, Cahir had yet another source of quality passing available. Indeed Peters could well have been on the scoresheet himself with McGrath and O'Donnell involved in the move that set him free on 80. The same player had the final chance of the day, squandering an 85th min chance.

Next up is the Munster Junior Cup trip to Waterford Bohemians with large crowds expressing interest in following Michael Grace's well-drilled team in pursuit of silverware on several fronts this year.

Cahir Park AFC:

Aaron Wall
Pa Fitzgerald, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
James Darcy, James McGrath, Norman O'Brien, Dylan Fitzgerald

 Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Eamonn Gleeson for Pa Fitzgerald,  Jason Hahessey for Dylan Fitzgerald, Daryl Peters for Norman O'Brien





Sunday 6/01/2013

Clonmel Credit Union Tipperary Cup 2nd Round

Cahir Park 7 Killusty 0

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell, Norman O'Brien (2), Eamonn Wootton (3), James Darcy (pen)



Sunday 29 December 2012

Paddy Purtill Cup, second round

Cahir Park 3 Glengoole United 0

Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell, Eamonn Wootton (2)




Sunday 22 December 2012

Munster Junior Cup, 2nd round

Moyglass United 0 Cahir Park 1
Scorer: Jason Hahessy



Sunday 15 December 2012

Munster Junior Cup, 3rd round

 Cahir Park 4  Burncourt Celtic 0
Scorers: Eamonn Wootton (2), Eamonn Gleeson, James Darcy (pen)

Times have changed at Cahir Park AFC and with 12 changes to the squad that was involved this time last year, most would say it is for the better. With the current Park squad under Michael Grace and Brian Ward playing a brand of football not too often seen at the Park in recent times, what promised to be a hotly contested game at Ardfinnan Road on Sunday saw bragging rights go completely the home team’s way as Celtic offered little in breaking down a stubborn rearguard.

Burncourt, now with former Park players Alan Ward and Chris English on board, had some early chances, one of note fizzing by Aaron Wall's post on thirteen mins immediately followed by a wayward Ward free-kick.

With Man of the Match Eamonn Wootton playing a leading role upfront, along with the speedy Paddy O'Donnell, the Burncourt defence were at times under severe pressure with Kevin McGuire and Martin Burke particularly impressive.

A very promising move on the left between a stand-out Dean Lonergan and O'Donnell saw Celtic keeper Jack English called into action. English would be busy also foiling a James Darcy shot across goal on 35, O'Donnell also causing havoc to produce a great attempt straight afterward.

All early plaudits however went English's way on 43 mins when he confidently saved an O'Donnell penalty after Lonergan had been upended in the box.

Disappointed the Park redoubled efforts and were ahead within a minute with Wootton's shot across the goal from the left squirming under English's body.

The final attack of the half saw Cahir totally in control with McGuire doing well to clear a promising Pa Fitzgerald attack down the right, away for a corner which produced nothing to add to the host's first-half goal-tally.

Within five mins of the restart, Lonergan and O'Donnell again combined well, the latter pushing the ball right for Darcy to provide a pinpoint pass for Eamonn Gleeson to sweep home from the edge of the area.

Wall would play a key role in the first Burncourt attack of note in the second half when he was quick to react to a Celtic free-kick. Immediately, with 57 mins gone, the home side were three clear with Wootton completing his brace when first to react in a crowded box to sidefoot home past English.

On the hour, the story got worse for the visitors, a Lonergan shot was cleared away. With the rebound heading for an open goal, the ball was handled on the goal-line. James Darcy was first up to provide a clinical finish past the Celtic netminder's left after John Lyon's whistle gave Cahir their second penalty of the day.

With the Park now in freeflow, a flying header from John O'Connor saw the centre-back almost make the best of O'Donnell's corner kick.

Desperate to break their duck, Burncourt did apply the pressure in the closing stages but a back-four in impressive form saw to it that little would get past them on the day. Wall was however forced into making two fingertip saves to foil chances for the visitors, the second from another Ward free-kick.

With time petering out, the management saw fit to give a run to two more youths in a Park side that gets ever younger, Kevin Griffin and Pa Kenneally introduced on both flanks.

A clinical performance from a Cahir side who head to Waterford in the next open round with a tie against either Waterford Bohemains or Tramore Athletic the reward for today's effort.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
Pa Fitzgerald, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Dennis Peters
James Darcy, Eamonn Gleeson, Dean Lonergan, Daryl Peters
Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell

Subs: Kevin Griffin for James Darcy, Pa Kenneally for Daryl Peters


Sunday 9 December 2012

Munster Junior Cup, 2nd round

Redmondstown 1 Cahir Park 3
Scorers: Dylan Fitzgerald, Daryl Peters (2)

Sunday 2 December 2012

TSDL League Division One

Cahir Park 1 Cullen-Lattin 0
Scorer: Eamonn Wootton

A misty day at Ardfinnan Road greeted the teams with the home side attempting to gather all points to go six clear at the top of the TSDL Division One table.

Football-wise, it was a bright start with both sides giving as much to the cause as possible, the home side's midfield controlling the majority of the play but a resilient Cullen-Lattin side, under James Hayes, always competing.

Evergreen James Darcy was first with a shot in anger, shooting just over after 12 mins. It was the visitors who came closest next when breaking through, Aaron Wall having to be at his best on 16 mins.

Dylan Fitzgerald was, unfortunately, way off target after 23 after he had done great work to create space for himself in the box. However, there was a chance for redemption with James Darcy providing a pinpoint cross to Daryl Peters, the referee pointing to the spot when the latter was taken down just inside the box.

Normally a dead cert for penalty conversions, Norman O'Brien saw his attempt go wide to the left after 25 mins, a chance to take the lead spurned in a game which would produce few real chances to make up as it developed.

Intending to redeem himself quickly, O'Brien was through again on the half-hour after a great Dylan Fitzgerald pass but his shot went just over. Intending to make the most of the game, the visitors, after a strategic change introduced some speed to the left flank, were in for their best chance of the game on 37 mins, the final shot squirting to the right of Wall's posts.

Wall was called into action again, a further attempt after a free-kick, demanding all of his agility to save once, parry away and then save again to foil a Lattin chance to lead at the break.

The tempo was ratcheted up a notch on the re-introduction, both sides going all out for the elusive first goal. A queter-than-usual Paddy O'Donnell adding to efforts by Eamonn Wootton and Dylan Fitzgerald. On the hour man of the match Fitzgerald was again in the thick of it to shoot over the bar, after an O'Donnell free was well-placed.

Wootton did make what finally appeared to put daylight between the sides when ten mins on, he beat the keeper only for the netminder to react with neat fingertip action to put the ball onto the post and then away for a corner.

Cahir did have the most of the closing stages as a solid defensive performance by Cullen let little past and with the home side camped in the opposition half, Dylan Fitzgerald put through a neat ball for Wootton to run on to. Keeping his composure, he turned and calmly placed the ball past a dispairing keeper for a deserved one goal lead for the hosts, 77 mins on the clock.

The lead, held to the end, see the Park open up some breathing space at the top of the table, ahead of next weekend's break for Cup action in Redmonsdtown.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
Pa Fitzgerald, Denis Peters, John O'Connor, James Darcy
James McGrath, Norman O'Brien, Dylan Fitzgerald
Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell, Daryl Peters
Subs: Seanie Kiernan for Daryl Peters, Eamonn Gleeson for Eamonn Wootton,
Barry McCormack, Darren McGrath

Sunday 11 November 2012

TSDL League Division One

Cahir Park 6 Killenaule Rovers 0
Scorers: Daryl Peters (3), Paddy O'Donnell (2), John O'Connor

Sunday 28 October 2012

TSDL League Division One

Cahir Park 0 Glengoole United 0

Sunday 21 October 2012

Tipperary Cup, first round

Moyglass United 2 Cahir Park 3
Scorers: Eamonn Wootton (2), Pa Fitzgerald

Sunday 14 October 2012

TSDL League Division One

Cahir Park 2 Two Mile Borris 0
Scorers: Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell

A chilly day at Ardfinnan Road greeted the teams with the home side attempting to gather all points on offer to maintain their leading position at the top of the TSDL Division One table.

Football-wise, it was a bright start with both sides giving as much to the cause as possible.

It was the visitors who came closest with their first effort, Aaron Wall having to be at his best whilst at the other end the effervescent Paddy O'Donnell, top-scorer for the season so far, forced a save from the Borris keeper which demanded all of his agility.

A defensive error at the town goal end on 5 mins almost saw Borris go ahead but it was to be the visiting defenders who would be busier over the next quarter-hour. They, however, were more than equal to all that was thrown at them and coupled with some bad finishing by the Cahir front three, allowed the scoreline to remain level until the 18th min.

Then, with a move that saw man of the match, Norman O'Brien add a pinpoint headed pass to set free an inrushing Eamonn Wootton to finish with another header just inside the far post to put the Park one-up.

Another promising ball by O'Donnell on the half-hour had Wootton breaking free again but for the speed of the ball to catch him out.

Ten mins later a busy Wootton was again free in the area, this time the keeper collected when one-on-one.

Cahir's other striker, Daryl Peters, not to be left out of the act, tried for a second goal to add to last week's class effort, his 40th min chance coming off the centre back to force a corner. The corner floated in forced a free kick at the edge of the penalty area. From this, a Denis Peters chance rebounded off the goalkeeper.

To wrap up the half, a speculative shot from an energetic Borris centre-forward, saw their best chance of the match squirm just the wrong side of Wall's goal.

The visitors started the second half as they had finished the first with a very impressive Seanie Kiernan having to be on top form at centre back, to quell the attempts on Wall's goal.

Determined to maintain another clear sheet, the ball was cleared straight to O'Donnell, whose shot went just over.

The same player was once again involved on 65 mins with Dylan Fitzgerald was set free to challenge the vistors, his shot going for a corner. Another attempt on goal from this came from Norman O'Brien, putting on a masterclass midfield performance on the day.

The never-tiring O'Donnell was to be the one to put two between the sides when a glorious individual run, following a great ball won and laid on by James McGrath, saw the former plant the ball in the Borris net with a shot across the hapless keeper on 68 mins.

With twenty to go, O'Brien was again heavily involved, his shot just wide of the mark whilst a Daryl Peters shot on 78 seemed to have put three between the sides only for an inexplicable free out to be given.

The final efforts of the afternoon saw Borris almost beat Wall with a free-kick whilst at the opposite end a three-man attack started with a overhead clearance by Dylan Fitzgerald, added to by O'Donnell and almost finished by Wootton saw the home support go away happy, twelve league points collected from a possible twelve and another away trip next week - this time to Moyglass in the Tipperary Cup.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
Pa Fitzgerald, Seanie Kiernan, Denis Peters, John O'Connor
McGrath, Norman O'Brien, Dylan Fitzgerald
Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell, Daryl Peters
James Darcy
for Daryl Peters, Eamonn Gleeson, Barry McCormack

Sunday 7 October 2012

TSDL League Division One

Galbally United 0 Cahir Park 1
Scorer: Daryl Peters

Sunday 30 September 2012

Munster Junior Cup, first round
Ballingarry Albion 2 Cahir Park 5
Scorers: Norman O'Brien, Eamonn Wootton, Paddy O'Donnell (3)

Sunday 23 September 2012

Munster Junior Cup, preliminary round
Glen Villa 1 Cahir Park 4
Scorers: Norman O'Brien (pen), Eamonn Wootton (2), Pa Fitzgerald

Sunday 16 September 2012

FAI Junior Cup, second round
Clodiagh Rangers 0 Cahir Park 0
(Rangers win 4-3 on pens)

Sunday 9 September 2012
TSDL League Division 1
St Nicholas 2 Cahir Park 3
Scorers: Eamonn Wootton (2), Paddy O'Donnell

Sunday 2 September 2012
TSDL League Division 1
Cahir Park 3 Ballingarry Albion 0
Scorers: Paddy O'Donnell (2), Pa Fitzgerald

Cahir Park began the new league season in bright sunshine at Ardfinnan Road on Sunday last with a new-look side accounting well for itself against a Ballingarry side who were slow out of the blocks in the first half.

An early run down the right by a very effective Dylan Fitzgerald allowed a fine cross to youth player David Finnane whose shot was just over. Continuing in such a bright vein, Fitzgerald was again involved on 5 mins to apply a delicate chip to deceive the Ballingarry keeper - his quick reactions equal to the effort.

On 15 mins, ex-Borris youth John O'Connor, fresh off a great display the previous day in the drawn youth game against Clonmel Town, had a shot on target after being fed by Shane McGrath from midfield.

In a first half-hour which was all Cahir Park, Norman O'Brien was next with an effort to break the deadlock, this followed up by a further effort by Pa Fitzgerald who latched on to a pinpoint O'Brien pass.

The deadlock was to be broken though immediately afterward - man of the match Paddy O'Donnell aware of the breaking ball to shimmy past the advancing keeper to put Cahir deservedly one up.

The pressure piled on a hard-working resolute visiting defence who refused to capitulate in spite of great link-up play through the centre of the park, James Darcy and Seanie Kiernan stating many of the attacks from a deep defensive position.

The first shot on target from the visitors came after 28mins although Aaron Wall in the home goal was not to be beaten. With the half coming to a close, the last shot in anger would be from a Pa Fitzgerald free, tipped over the bar by the opposing goalie.

Albion were much the quicker to start the second 45 and in their best period of the game, troubled Wall's goal regularly, although O'Connor and Barry McCormack combined well to mop up most of the pressure.

With 54 mins gone, some wing wizardry from Dylan Fitzgerald opened up the visiting defence, allowing O'Donnell in again for what could well have been his second of the day.

On the hour, O'Donnell's second did arrive, a thundering 25-yard effort to the top corner had the keeper beaten all ends up to put some breathing same between the sides.

Before Albion could settle into any pattern of play, the deserved third arrived, this time McCormack providing a clean pass for Pa Fitzgerald to finish strongly.

With both sides making changes, Ballingarry brought on the evergreen Paddy Ivors to shore up a tiring defence whilst Eamonn Wootton replaced the injured Barry McCormack for the home side.

With the result beyond doubt, it was now a very occasional foray into the other half from the Ballingarry boys as the Park applied an incessant pressure with some fine intricate passing from Wooton on the right and from the newly-introduced Eamonn Gleeson.

Albion, typical of the never-say-die attitude were to have the fiinal attempt of the game bringing the best out of Wall with a rasping shot which he collected at the second attempt.

Cahir Park AFC:
Aaron Wall
James Darcy, Seanie Kiernan, John O'Connor, Barry McCormack
Pa Fitzgerald,
Shane McGrath, Norman O'Brien,
David Finnane
Dylan Fitzgerald, Paddy O'Donnell
Subs: Eamonn Gleeson for Finnane, Eamonn Wootton for McCormack,
Stephen Duggan for Dylan Fitzgerald, Sean Cummins

Sunday 26 August 2012
TSDL Shield Division 1, first round
Galbally United 0 Cahir Park 4
Scorers: Darren McGrath (2), John O'Connor, Paddy O'Donnell

Saturday 11 August 2012
Cahir Park Pre-Season Tournament Final
Cahir Park AFC 2 Burncourt Celtic 0
Scorers: Norman O'Brien, Shane Ryan

Sunday 5 August 2012
Pre-Season Friendly
Cahir Park AFC 3 Wilderness Rovers 1

Scorers: Shane Ryan 3

Sunday 29 July 2012
Burncourt Festival Bill Tatten Memorial Cup Final
Cahir Park AFC 2 Tipperary Town 0

Scorers: Norman O'Brien, Shane Ryan


Saturday 21 July 2012
Burncourt Festival Bill Tatten Memorial Cup, semi-final
Cahir Park AFC 1 Rock Celtic 0

Scorers: John O'Connor

Thursday 19 July 2012
Burncourt Festival Bill Tatten Memorial Cup, quarter-final
Cahir Park AFC 1 Vee Rovers 1

Scorers: Pa Fitzgerald

Sunday 15 July 2012

Pre-Season Friendly

Cahir Park AFC 2 Cashel Town 1

Thursday 12 July 2012
Burncourt Festival Bill Tatten Memorial Cup, first round
Cahir Park AFC 3 Clerihan 1

Scorers: Shane Ryan, Seanie Kiernan, Eamonn Wootton